Movano problem.

• Thread starter Deleted member 294929
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 294929

Hello all Car mechanics

Coming down the M11 about 60mph in Cruize control. Baking hot 40ç them is reading.

I felt my Cruize control go..

My display read Check Emissions
I clicked the cruize switch and it read Check injectors
Clicked cruize back and it read Check Cruize control.

Got into town but it lost all power but still runs.

What do you think

Sponsored Links
Possibly the heat affecting it. Let it cool down, perhaps disconnect the battery for a while before reconnecting. A couple of years ago on a stinking hot day, I had a car in my workshop for a service and as it was ticking over, it just conked out. I tried everything but it would just not fire up. I put it down to the immobiliser packed up and not reading the key transponder. The customer only had one key but as it was down to me, I was going to have to pay but as usual, I was going on holiday the next day (to Jersey again!) so he agreed to let me get a locksmith in to sort it when I got back. I got back, it was a lot cooler and the car started up first time and I could not get it to replicate the fault. It’s been fine ever since. Most of the PC's in Mrs Motties hospital have been playing up yesterday and today.

I think this is one fault that may just sort itself out. Failing that you’ll need it code read but to get all those faults up I’d be amazed if they all went wrong at the same time.

Last edited:
That's what the man in the garage said. But Henton to Clacton.

Hopefully;;:;

Thank you ...

I might ban Passing from quiz..... he's boring me.

Sponsored Links
Still the same problem this morning.

Did not disconnect battery as this is under floor. Do you think its an essential?

I know when LandRovers/Rangerovers have similar problems and the dash lighting up like a Christmas tree, a 'hard reset' is required. I had to do that on my Evoque once when I connected up my diagnostic reader incorrectly - the dash went crazy! This is simply disconnecting the battery and then with both terminals disconnected, connect them together either by just holding them together or using a jump lead. You need to do this for at least 10-15 seconds to completely remove any residual charge from all the circuits. Then reconnect the battery terminals and see if that’s cured it. You may have to reset the clock and electric windows etc.

Last edited:
Lovely thanks mate ill do that once I get to the job

No didn't work. Is there anything else I can try before I book it in.

If not is it OK to drive around town?

Depending how quick you can get booked in, it might first be worth spending £20 on a basic fault code reader. Just connect up, read the codes, clear the codes and then see if they come back. I doubt that they will. It’s always worth anyone with a modern car having one of these, these days. Really easy to use. Something like this:

E416F348-71D5-4C79-B123-CA6F98E95415.jpeg

Depending how quick you can get booked in, it might first be worth spending £20 on a basic fault code reader. Just connect up, read the codes, clear the codes and then see if they come back. I doubt that they will. It’s always worth anyone with a modern car having one of these, these days. Really easy to use. Something like this:

View attachment 274929

I'll go buy one. I have a euro parts near me

Probably coolant sensor or air mass meter... Got too hot.
Use a diagnostic tester to check and clear all dtc's. Taking battery off won't always reset the ecu and could actually cause more issues (especially on newer vehicles)

Probably coolant sensor or air mass meter... Got too hot.
Use a diagnostic tester to check and clear all dtc's. Taking battery off won't always reset the ecu and could actually cause more issues (especially on newer vehicles)

Took it to a garage yesterday they did that and didn't work.

I have it booked in for Wednesday

Does that one work on a 2013 Golf 2lt diesel Mottie ?
It’ll work on any car with an OBD2 connector so basically anything from around 2001 onwards. Other makes are available. It’s just a basic code reader though, it won’t do anything clever. Just read and erase codes although if there’s a permanent fault, the fault light will pop up again.

Does that one work on a 2013 Golf 2lt diesel Mottie ?

They work on all recent cars, OBD II is a standard that all vehicles have to support. Always start by clearing all codes, then see what fault codes reappear. What the general purpose ones do, is just list the fault codes, it is then usually up to you to translate the codes to actual fault descriptions, though some of the better units have some popular vehicle lists, for the more common fault codes. Such lists can usually be found online anyway.

Sponsored Links
Back