Vauxhall Movano starting problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Movano Van normally starts 1st time, no matter hot or cold and runs perfectly. However about a month ago it didn't start - the engine turned over normally, but wouldn't start - the immobiliser light continued to flash. I took the key out, operated the central locking a couple of times and it started. Yesterday the same thing happened, but it wouldn't start. Today it initially happened, gave it another go and it started and ran perfectly.

Is this pointing to something going wrong with the immobiliser and if so is there anything I can do to check it / fix it. Does the battery in the key have anything to do with the immobiliser or is that only for the central locking?

Thanks,

Iain.

Sponsored Links
Yes, fixed. Had to get an auto-locksmith to it £135. The immobiliser was not recognising the key - intermittently, he thought it most likely the key. Would have meant new keys from vauxhall then possibility of it happening again. He by-passed the immobiliser, which means no immobiliser - best option for my circumstances - and the van starts 1st time again. bba-reman.com forum was quite helpful too.

Iain.

Hi, thanks for the reply.Everyone round here(Harrogate, North Yorkshire) seems scared of the immobiliser on the Movano! All the people i've spoken to so far say it can't be bypassed.
Could you please give me the number and name of the chap that sorted yours,even if he's miles away he might be able to tell me how to do it over the phone.

Many thanks
Mike

[email protected]

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I'm in Glasgow, so unlikely he'll be able to fix yours, but he may know someone near you.

George Miller, Auto & General Locksmith - 07768473176.

I've also saw immobiliser by-passes on ebay for Renault Masters (exactly the same as Movano). Don't know if they work though.

Iain.

key is a renault key available from vauxhall dealers cost is £84 inc vat and comes pre coded just get in shut the doors hold central locking button locked for 5 seconds doors lock then open led on press key button to re synchronise all done till next time the key breaks

Back