1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Movano Won't Start (same as master)

Discussion in 'Car Repairs / Maintenance' started by movanoman, 16 Apr 2013.

1. movanoman

movanoman

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi,

I have a vauxhall movano 2004 and had a month of bad luck. It has been one continuious problem.

On 11th March my van would not start i naturally called the AA. the mechanic couldn't find the problem so i had it towed into the garage. The garage then replaced the fuel pump and starter motor. After a week i collected the van and it worked fine when driving it home. Within a few days it wouldn't start properly. Called the AA again who said it's my glow plugs or immobiliser. Had the glow plugs changed at a different garage (they broke one off and took them 2 weeks to drill it out) and brought a new key. After a day the same problem, van wouldn't start. call the AA again and the mechanic thought it could be an injector issue. Managed to get it started with easy start then drove it to a different garage who think it's a problem with the fuse box.

What do you guys think?

thanks

2. Luckyphil

Luckyphil

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hello MM

I had a Movano for about 6 months , it was a BIG mistake the day I bought it , i had the same Problem and tried all sorts of things , finally wnt with the Glow Plugs but it still wasnt happy starting sometimes , So I visited a Dealer and PX`d it for a LWB Trafic ...... which has had its own problems .... but thats another Story !#

Best of luck with ot Fella

Lucky

3. Belle427

Belle427

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    could really be anything they are plagued with problems.
    If you google vivaro/movano problems you will see for yourself!
    from fuel pumps to immobilisers.