Mk6 2003 transit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi have a problem with van cutting out been on different plug in units does not show up fault code, van drives fine pulls like a train, then for no reason will cut out , glow plug light comes on, flick key engine starts right up then will be fine for a day or two, have replaced , crank sensor, some relays, blanked off EGR valve, going to try cam sensor next, just going through things that are easy to replace, been in garage for servicing , mots . spoke to other Mechanics no one can say what is going on, So maybe someone has had the same problem ?????????????

Sponsored Links
Have you replaced the fuel filter?

Peter

Hi Peter, this problem has been going on for a couple of years I just live with it now & try different things, in answer to your question Yes, filter gets replaced every year, along with oil & air filters and oil change every year regardless of mileage, its one of those strange intermittent faults that drive you mad, my son works for a Co that works on diesel vehicles and cant find out what is going on, looked on some forums and tried a lot of things that are suggested but has yet nothing has solved the fault, got a air flow meter to change as well

I think the camshaft position sensor is a weak point on these engines, (and the wiring to both sensors) but at the same time I'd get the injection pump measured if you can.
I had similar issues with an Iveco van (07) and they are pretty similar.
John :)

Sponsored Links
I think the camshaft position sensor is a weak point on these engines, (and the wiring to both sensors) but at the same time I'd get the injection pump measured if you can.
I had similar issues with an Iveco van (07) and they are pretty similar.
John :)
Thanks for that John, that is the next thing on the list, got one a couple of weeks ago, but not had time to fit it, Plus weather has been S--t
Joe:cool:

Back