Move Radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to get a radiator in my living room moved from one wall to another. It will probably be a distance of approx 5ft. It's floorboards not concrete. It's a Worcester Bosch combi feeding 4 upstair and 3 downstair radiators, there's no hot water tank.

Anybody got any idea roughly how much this would cost to move?

Sponsored Links
If YOU take up the floorboards and do any notching woodwork then if its ground floor and no serious risk if a little water is spilt then its a 2.5 hour job.

Perhaps about £90 in London and a bit less in some other areas.

If you want the whole job done that about £120 I suppose.

This assumes the boards are supplied bare and not covered with fitted luxury champagne colour carpets nailed all round the edges.

Tony

Thanks. There's currently laminate flooring on top of the floorboards, which is getting ripped up anyway and it's a ground floor so a little water spillage is no big deal.

I would leave the wood work to the plumber so that he can run it whichever way he required.

This assumes the boards are supplied bare and not covered with fitted luxury champagne colour carpets nailed all round the edges.

arn't they always :evil:

Sponsored Links
Dont think £90 will even cover just labour. Based on the 2.5hrs mentioned it would be £98 + materials and inhibitor + VAT so around £150 + VAT ;)

Well I was thinking around £200 so the prices so far haven't been too scary.

Do BG still treat any drain down for the replacement of a rad, pump or m vlv (sealed system or not) at 186 mins labour?

Tony, you are incredibly competetive with your prices.

Whilst I agree this looks a very simple job, so did the gaskets I did on a netaheat that I didnt look at before taking the plunge with a price. (I was a bit naive I know.)

ALWAYS hidden 'annoyances' which I would put into an estimate and not charge for if the job went aswell as I could have expected.

Mind you, you have to be in a position of trust from your customers for them to know you could add costs onto a job, but also knowing you would only ever charge if absolutely neccessary.

I always estimate as opposed to quoting.

David

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back