Moved water tanks and having problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the middle of a loft conversion and have moved my water tanks to a new position. I have put the hot water header tank as high as i can to maintain as much pressure as i can. The expantion tank i have positoned on top of that. Since doing this the expantion tank has become part of the circuit with the vent having hot water continuously running from it. Can anyone give me some advise on how to solve this problem.
Cheers, Paul.

Sponsored Links
is the vent pipe still the same distance from the top of the F&E tank as it was before. Measured from the highest part of the vent pipe not the actual oultet of the pipe?

sounds like the configuration of your Cold feed and Open vent has been altered which doesnt suit system, was it done by yourself?

rob884 said:
sounds like the configuration of your Cold feed and Open vent has been altered which doesnt suit system, was it done by yourself?
I helped but my mate(who is a plumber) Did it.
He's gone away to think about it so i thought i'd try and get a second opinion.

Sponsored Links
what about the cold feed the pipe off the bottom of the tank?

If there is room, increase the vent pipe height and see what happens, if it stops pumping over and everything else works then your sorted.

If not check weather the relationship between pump, cold feed and vent has been changed.

check if pump speed has been altered.

May be blockage caused when draing a dirty tank also.

Please take not that i am only an apprentice!!!

The cold feed pipe from the bottom of the tank goes down to the airing cupboard to the pump then to the motorised valve. The pipe does run horizontal for about three feet due to the position of the tank. We have made sure that there is as much slope on the pipe as we could get.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back