Movement and cracks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have a sliding patio door on an outside wall. There is a lintel above this but do not know of its condition because it is dashed over. The problem i am having is the architrave inside around the door is cracking at the mitres with a crack in the plaster to the ceiling. The plaster is also cracked at the join with wall and ceiling.
I have a multi fuel stove in the room and so it can get fairly hot and was wondering if the cracks would be due to the heat or if it is something more serious.
Any help appreciated.
Rich

Sponsored Links
Cracks between walls and ceilings are nothing concerning, and plaster cracking at this location is common. Both are typical of shrinkage due to heat

It does not seem a structural issue and if there was then you would tend to see a problem externally - rendered or not

Photos would help

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back