Moving 3 gang light switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 3 gang light switch in my hallway, it operates the downstairs hall light, the upstairs hall light and the outside light. I am going to fit another internal door in the hall ready for the winter, neighbour did it and did seem to help retain the heat.My neighbours 3 gang switch is at the bottom of his stairs and so was not in the way of where the new door frame goes, mine is. I just need to move the cabling about 9" round the corner, iv'e took a floor panel up in the bedroom above and can see 2 cables going down the cavity to where the light switch is. I will look tomorrow once electric is off but can i expect the outside light to be tied into the switch ?. The cable must come along the hallway and down the side of the downstairs toilet door, would this electric cable be loose behind the wall as i could maybe join a new longer piece and try to pull through to the light switch ?

Sponsored Links
whssign.gif

Also:
  1. A horizontal zone might cease to exist when doors are put in and switches moved around corners.
  2. The lighting circuit should be on an RCD if you want to bury the cables for it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back