moving a gas pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having a conservatory built and had the gas board sent me the plans of pipes which showed there are no pipes in our back garden.
I started the footings and guess what I found! A bloody gas supply to our house straight across the building line.
Any ideas what this will cost to move?
I will dig the trench and the pipe will need moving around the outside of the conny so will be about 24' in length altogether.

Regards

Mark

Sponsored Links
If this is the supply pipe to the meter then only British Gas can do it. You may be able to negotiate with them on price. Utilities maps showing routes etc are notoriously inaccurate BTW.

This maybe a silly question but are you sure the plans supplied to you show the individual services (i.e. on your land) as opposed to the mains, which would normally be in the footpaths? I used to have clients tell me the same. Similar situations occured with sewer record maps from Thames Water.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back