Moving a radiator to the other side of a door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to move the radiator in my dining room to to the adjacent internal wall. Unfortunately, there is a door in between meaning that I can't just run the pipes (8mm microbore) around the skirting.

Am I able to extend the pipes from where they connect to the existing radiator and run them up and over the door?

Or...should I intercept the pipes on their way down the wall and run them along the top of the door and then down?

The walls are dry lined brick.

Any advice gratefully appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Imagine you are a Slug.....

of AIR :LOL: .... Stuck in a pipe that goes up and over the door.

Once you got above the door; would you want to go back down to be let out at the radiator?
Er no I don't think so. You would want to go back up to be let out at an upstairs radiator wouldn't you?
If you sit above the door that pesky water will be rushing past you all the time and you would gurgle as you drown in it.

Or...should I intercept the pipes on their way down the wall and run them along the top of the door and then down?

Now that way is much kinder to Slugs :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back