Moving a radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm planning on moving a radiator in my ground floor dining room from the current wall to the opposite wall (about 3 meters diagonally away from the current location).

My plan was to use copper push fit connectors on the underfloor 15mm pipe. Run the pipe to the new location and again use push fit to make a right angle where i want to come through the floor.

Am I ok to use push fit connectors in this situation?
Can I just run the pipe directly to where I want it to go for the new location (diagonally)? Or should I run perpendicular to the joists and then at a right angle? Maybe its just personal preference? (neatness)

Is there any issue with creating this "spur" radiator 3 meters away from the current place?

I can't think of any issues with this, so I'd be glad to hear if anyone can share their thoughts!

Cheers,
Iain

Sponsored Links
sounds good to me,
depending on where the original pipework is coming from, you may want to cut it back further and re-direct it from there, rather than create a big loop of pipework which turns back on itself.
if its under the ground floor, dont forget to insulate the pipework.

Great, I did think it might be possible to take it from another point in the pipe to avoid a big loop.

Is the any downside to using plastic barrier pipe? And mixing plastic pushfit connectors with the existing copper pipe?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back