Moving a Toilet - more trouble than it's worth?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need to revamp my bathroom and am thinking of putting the toilet where the bidet used to be (where a washing machine is currently plumbed in). I understand that the "sump pipe?" will need to be widened? Good workmen around here are short in supply it seems (or I just never find them), is this a fairly standard thing to do or am I likely to create myself a stack of future problems?
The floor is tiled on either concrete or brieze blocks, I live above someone so guess pipes must travel down the wall (the apartment below is inset under mine), or under and down. Not sure how this might affect anything.
One guy's told me it's a major job and another has said it's fairly straight forward - not sure what to believe... is one lazy and the other over confident, or... please advise!

Sponsored Links
In a typical Spanish apartment building you may have concrete floors, which will have steel reinforcing rods in the concrete so to cut a new hole for the soil pipe may turn out to be a major operation. If the floor is blocks set between beams it might be easier, as long as the beams actually line up each side of where you want the new soil pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back