Moving consumer unit & regulations.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having trouble getting the council to move a consumer unit approx 8 inches down in order to assist an OAP who cannot reach it. The unit is mounted direct to the wall (I thought it had to be mounted on the hardboard thing) and there is more than enough length in the cables from the main fuse to drop the board the required length as it is alongside the main fuse.

The guy that came round was clueless and I am also wondering what qualifications should a council employee have to move a consumer unit?

This is the same Council who missed this OAPs flat during central heating updates since the 80s and hence she has no heating apart from her own electric fire and an immersion heater. Surely this is also illegal to leave it in an unmodofied state these days?

Needless to say the OAP hates to make a fuss and has let it pass for so long.

Thanks for all help.

Sponsored Links
Round here they would not use a council employee to do any electrical work

They use morrisons as there main electrical contracter

Most of them are Time served electricians , or electricians,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back