Moving door Frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to move the door frame by about 8 inches to the right and need to know if this will be ok.

As you see there is a concrete lintel which will need to be supported if you can advise. The wall itself is non load bearing and it is just the lintel I need to be advised on.

Thanks

thanks

Sponsored Links
this still the kitchen problem? thought you weren't going to bother moving the door..

where's this lintle you talk of? I can't see it in the pics..

those pipes will need moving too..

The lintel is directly above the door and is a moulded concrete one that was done when built. ;) I can see it! ;)

I have decided that it will be too much trouble to change the lintel so am going to move the fridge out. :D

Sponsored Links
I have decided that it will be too much trouble to change the lintel so am going to move the fridge out. :D

Careful, fridges can be heavy. I find that they can be much easier to manoeuvre by drinking any beer that you find inside ;)

Er... This concrete lintel you can see .... What's it resting on on the R/H side? Seems to be a plank and a load of pipework in the way. Are you sure it's a lintel and not just rendering?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back