Moving from traditional boiler to combi, do you leave the pipeworks in the loft?

Sorry I meant hot/cold water pipes. Yes the pipes to radiators are under the floor. Flow and return between boiler and cylinder also over the loft. I have the inverted boiler type with pipes going upwards.
Have you ever thought of being a bloody dentist, we have been telling you all the time finally we get there, NO you dont need any pipes in the loft, all the HW and associated pipes will be taken up by the combi boiler and the CH pipes will just be connected to the existing circuit, UNDER THE FLOOR !!!!!

Sponsored Links
Hi Ian, I have not decided where the new combi should be yet, but I think it should be in the kitchen to minimise the distance to the taps (the bathroom is next to the kitchen).

Best thing yo do.....otherwise you waste so much water before it gets hot.
I've nit read all the posts. I take its a small house?

Hi Ian, I have not decided where the new combi should be yet, but I think it should be in the kitchen to minimise the distance to the taps (the bathroom is next to the kitchen).

Best thing yo do.....otherwise you waste so much water before it gets hot.
I've nit read all the posts. I take its a small house?

Have you ever thought of being a bloody dentist, we have been telling you all the time finally we get there, NO you dont need any pipes in the loft, all the HW and associated pipes will be taken up by the combi boiler and the CH pipes will just be connected to the existing circuit, UNDER THE FLOOR !!!!!

Calm down, dear, it is only a forum.

:)

But I feel your pain

Sponsored Links
Agreed, and the OP hasn't answered your question is it a bungalow, or provided any pics.

I am bored with this now, anyway. I don't really understand why he made the first post, he already presented the reasons for reducing the pipework, and objected to pretty much every suggestion or comment

Hey, I happen to be a dentist. (Only joking)

Let's close this discussion. While I'm grateful you guys give your free time for strangers like me online, it's hard to have a discussion if you don't care what I say.

One, I said I would not want this topic to be about combi vs system/traditional. That is a valid discussion, but not the main point here. And you seem to be offended by that. Two, I didn't ask about HOW to reconfigure the pipe circuit, I understand how it can be done. I'm asking Pros and Cons of re-running pipe works under the floor vs leaving them on the loft.

I'm not objecting anything. I'm just letting you know that the cost of re-running under the floor is large (removing hallway floorboards, tiled kitchen floor, new pipe circuits etc ...), would it be worth it. So upfront refurbishment cost vs long term benefits. If you think it is best to re-run under the floor, then I will definitely consider it.

Please note this thread is from 2021
Hey, I happen to be a dentist. (Only joking)

Let's close this discussion. While I'm grateful you guys give your free time for strangers like me online, it's hard to have a discussion if you don't care what I say.

One, I said I would not want this topic to be about combi vs system/traditional. That is a valid discussion, but not the main point here. And you seem to be offended by that. Two, I didn't ask about HOW to reconfigure the pipe circuit, I understand how it can be done. I'm asking Pros and Cons of re-running pipe works under the floor vs leaving them on the loft.

I'm not objecting anything. I'm just letting you know that the cost of re-running under the floor is large (removing hallway floorboards, tiled kitchen floor, new pipe circuits etc ...), would it be worth it. So upfront refurbishment cost vs long term benefits. If you think it is best to re-run under the floor, then I will definitely consider it.

Except that you did not provide any actually useful information

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back