Advice from plumbers most welcome

And you paid how much for this exactly?

............. The bottom line is, regardless of who paid for the work to be carried out, either myself or the Scottish Government, I feel that the sub-contractor or Scottish Gas have to take some responsibility for the quality of their workmanship.

A very unfortunate situation for sure. If he didnt make the connection himself then I doubt they will accept responsibility.
In my own terms of business ...........

The customer is advised that a new boiler or sealed system operates at a slightly higher pressure than the previous appliance/installation; the effect of this is, on occasions, this could lead to the failure of some system components (hot water cylinder, radiators). If you wish to proceed with the existing components then you are accepting the risk that there is a chance the components may be effected by the pressure change.

I put this in as i cant possibly know if a system will not have any problems. My own system at home was converted to mains pressure and a sealed system for the heating which I did in 2006-7. It hasnt missed a beat. I didnt put the system in myself, it was done in 1986/7 by someone else..............

Sure you didnt want to read that but im sure that a big company like Centrica will have all this in their terms . Did you receive a copy
:?:

Sponsored Links
OPH is spot on, and I have a similar clause myself. I also have a customer sign an acceptance of risk form for powerflushing. Again, communication is everything, but that isn't a dig at you.

If the fitting was an existing one, then SG won't, I would have thought, take liability, but you shpould be covered under your house insurance for the damage caused.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back