Moving fused switches in lounge.

I agree, hard for you to tell but I think your input has pushed me in the right direction.

Many thanks for all the help chaps. This forum is a massive help and I appreciate all the advice even if it looks like I'm spamming!

Sponsored Links
One last question, if I may. Is it OK to bury the existing white flex that was used in the external trunking, or should I rather run the grey t&e ? Some parts of the cable will be exposed to the plaster repair product. I would have to bury the cable only to find out its susceptible to drying out and becoming brittle.

They are both sheathed in PVC.

If the repair material will damage one, it will damage both.

Sponsored Links
To interpret BAS's reply. Assuming that your "flex" is double insulated (i.e. insulated cores with a PVC sheath over all of the cores) then it is OK to bury it in plaster/filler etc. The same as PVC sheathed twin & earth cable.

I am wondering why you would need to do that though as in your photo, the only "flex" I can see is the cables that will connect to the storage radiator.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back