moving radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I need to move a radiator to accomodate other work's. I am not a heating engineer but here goes with my best description of what is required.

The radiator in question is the by pass radiator? the one the always stays hot and does not have a thermostat. I should mention here that it is a combie system. I need it to be moved approximatley 3 ft from one wall to another. I have been told that because it is the by pass? it cannot be moved and re connected unless it is plumbed straight back to the boiler. The plumber I have hired says thats rubbish and he can re position it without to much trouble. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
i don't see why you can't just drain the heating and pull it off and re-do or move the pie work then put a rad on and fill it back up.

i don't see why sorry about this "I have been told that because it is the by pass? it cannot be moved and re connected unless it is plumbed straight back to the boiler." WHAT lol i really don't know what that guy was talking about mabe some other people do

lord nicon21 said:
i don't see why you can't just drain the heating and pull it off and re-do or move the pie work then put a rad on and fill it back up.

i don't see why sorry about this "I have been told that because it is the by pass? it cannot be moved and re connected unless it is plumbed straight back to the boiler." WHAT lol i really don't know what that guy was talking about mabe some other people do
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Did anybody understand that :?: :LOL:

You can move the rad 3 ft with no problem but ensure the valves are open at all times if it is the bypass. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back