moving shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
shed.JPG
hello all,
i had my shed delivered and built last july, it arrived before i had extra concrete base done, as i want it nearer the wall,
the lads that delivered and built it said it will be easy to move once i had the extre cementing done,
they only said it would be easy to move empty,
so now my problem is how do i go about this, it needs to be move about 3-4ft
over to wall on righthand side, and back about 2ft, is it easier to try and take apart and move, or get something under base and sides to move it? the concrete to the right was laid in octber/november, so i just have to find out how to move it, any ideas would be great, i'm pulling my hair out here, tia x

Sponsored Links
Couple of chaps and just push it at the base, smooth concrete permitting. Or lever it at the base, a plank held against the base along the length to protect the cladding and then levered with a decent spade or jemi or similar. Depends how well it's made, typical prefab sheds are pretty poor but if you are lucky it will move OK.

oh thanks for replies, the scaffold poles sound easiest, just need to see if i can borrow a few,
i realise i still have to try and jack it up to get them underneath the shed, suppose the spade will do that anyway,
will wait till weather is better, and get it emptied and give it a go,
thanks for replying, weight off my mind

Sponsored Links
Eileen
A method I once used was to screw two long planks or long lengths of wood onto outside of each shed wall at about 3feet from ground, so shed has four handles to lift it with - think sedan chair.
Screws can go from inside shed if not enough space outside. Then easy to remove lengths of wood if the shed is placed right against wall.
Then four people to lift.

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Studwork-(Cls)-38-x-63-x-2400mm-Single/p/107177
http://www.diy.com/departments/cls-...src=aw.ds.ds&dclid=CNbQ1JKx_tICFZKL7QodHtoGpA

sfk

Last edited:
Moved our similar sized shed about 6ft over. Was pretty easy to do with just me and the wife. Levered up one end and slid some short lengths of scaffold in. Its not that heavy so doesn't need to be scaffold, I just happen to have some

Moved a friend's summer house about 3 feet using broom handles as rollers, he was lucky that the "joists" were in the right direction.

thank yo all for your replies,
looking forward to trying these methods, once moved will
let you know how it went, fingers crossed,
had visions of having to get it dismantled to move it,
so thanks again for the ideas and tips, dose'nt seem
such a nightmare job now, glad to read it can be done
with just 2 people, thanks again for all help
eileen(y)

I moved 2 sheds a few years ago. Easyou. Screwed 8 door cheap handles, 1 to each side of a corner. 4 men to lift. The handles can be adjusted in height to suit lifters.

The sedan chair us a good and similar idea, but may have issues depending on where the shed is going, relating to walls etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back