1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Moving SVP

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by AntzR, 11 Oct 2021.

1. AntzR

AntzR

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi All

I’ve attached the current rear of my house and the planned rear, however we want to put bigger bifolds in and in order to do so we would need to move the SVP further to the left window to give us a bigger opening.

Can anyone advise if this is possible, and if so how big a job it is? It would need to move around a metre or less.

Cheers

Attached Files:

2. Sponsored Links
  3. muggles

muggles

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Certainly possible. You'd need to take up enough patio to dig back far enough to get a manhole in, then a short section of pipe across from the manhole to the new location. It's notifiable to Building Control so get them involved before you start (presumably they'll be checking the extension anyway). What connects in to it?

4. AntzR

AntzR

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for relying.

it’s an alteration to the rear rather than an extension and we will be applying for a building warrant also.

it connect to the upstairs bathroom and the current kitchen sink and dishwasher which will be moving location as part of the works.

if it’s just a case of putting in a manhole and new section of pipe that’s better than I was expecting and would allow us to get the larger doors we want.