moving the wc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK - new to this kind of thing, forums that is!

I'm looking to re-vamp my ensuite which means moving the wc - right now it's under the window and I've never liked 'going' in public (so to speak).

Trouble is - the present wc sits next to an inside soil stack, pipe extends from rear through 90 degree bend and connects to an outlet above the floor-boards. I'm looking to replace the wc and move it at the same time - approx 2m away.

I'm considering running the pipe around the edge of the room (boxing in) but would need a double 90 degree connection - presuming I can get a new wc with a rear venting outlet that is not enclosed. What is the minimum fall required on a soil pipe? Will I need to raise the wc on a pedestal? Joists run at right-angles to the soil pipe so sinking a new outlet below the floor boards would be a bit of a non-starter.

Any ideas and comments would be welcome.

Sponsored Links
sewer pipes need a minimum fall of 1 in 40, so if it travels 40cm horizontally it needs to rise 1cm.

Just a note to thank 'noseall' for the info on 'soil fall'. We've finally got around to re-vamping the en-suite and it looks great. Much appreciated for your input.

Next project - the bathroom!! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back