Moving toilet waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a concrete toilet waste currenntly coming up 250mm from the back wall of my toilet. Solid slab floor, 60s build. The new closed couple toilet needs the waste coming up more like 60mm from the back wall. At the moment, placing the toilet against the wall has is sitting right over the current hole.

What would i ned to do to move this? Logic says dig down, cut off and fit a couple of 45 or 30 degree of pvc adaptors to bring it in line, but first off, how best to cut it without digging a huge hole, and secondly, i presume this would require an extra rodding point, how to fit that?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
What's directly outside ? and is there a manhole nearby to ascertain the drain depth. It might be better to go through the wall and down into the drain.

You will need a large amount of clearance all around the pipe to cut it and fit the new bend(s) so if possible look in to what Nige has said above.

Manhole cover is about 1m other side of the wall, vertical drops about 1m into the floor. Rather not go outside due to garden damage. I had thout 600 to 700mm would be enough.also, should i expect the clay to be in gravel, or concreted in all the way?

Sponsored Links
How about fitting a different toilet?
The Vitra s20 or s50 has the soil connection 7" inside the pan.

Already have the toilet and don't particularly want to spend more on this thing :(

Took the 9" grinder to the floor last night, got 50mm of screed off the top of what I think is the original slab. Going to try and chisel down tonight and see how it goes, if it takes too long, I'll build the wall out. Not ideal, but cheapest option I think.

How thick should my slab be? I sunk a masonry bit down about 250mm and is still felt like it was eating concrete :s

Seeing as you need to expose all the pipe to cut it I'd build the wall out and add cupboard doors

Most people only go as high as the cistern then make it a feature such as cupboard storage space, do whatever suits you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back