Moving toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Just after a bit of advice on the best way forward to put a new toilet in nearer the centre of the room- approx 12 inches from the centre of the soil pipe as it is now. As you can see in the photos the old toilet was originally quite close to the outside wall which has all the plumbing for a vanity unit. I've hastily removed the old toilet but since then I've read that its a bit of a no-no to remove the collar which I've already done. There is I believe a 4 inch clay pipe now exposed. I was careful that no debris fell down the pipe and as far as I can see there is no visible damage to the pipe further down. The clay pipe pretty much immediately sweeps to the left towards where I want the new toilet to go. Looking at the photo there is an external wall to the right and the wall to the rear is solid brick too. There is a drain at the side of our house not outside the exterior wall in the photo but back in the direction of the entrance door to the toilet room.

The room is a toilet room at the front of 1900 terrace. Ground floor with concrete floor. 1.3m x 2m.

Is digging up the concrete the way to go or building a false wall at the back of the room to hide connections from a wall hung toilet to the old soil pipe which will obviously take up some room space?

Attachments

• IMG_0839.JPG
    IMG_0839.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0845.JPG
    IMG_0845.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0846.JPG
    IMG_0846.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0935.JPG
    IMG_0935.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0939.JPG
    IMG_0939.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 143
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back