Moving Warm air

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone, I have a bungalow with a basement and conservatory on the south facing side. The conservatory gets very hot in the spring and summer [over 110 degrees] and I would like to move some of the hot air into the bungalow under the floor into the basement and move it to the other side, north side, in the basement. This will warm up the cooler side of the bungalow as well as helping to dry out the damp cellar. I am looking for some kind of solar powered system that moves air through ducts, under the floorboards to the back.
Is this possible? any ideas of products, systems, suppliers etc?
Many thanks,
Pete

Sponsored Links
Off the top of my head...

A 12v solar panel, large enough output to drive a small DC fan motor (car heater blower, or even some computer fans). Best place to suck the air will be near the ceiling, run through a ceiling duct, to the north side. I suggest treating your damp cellar as a separate problem, maybe another solar panel and another car fan, simply sucking moist air out of the cellar. Neither would run when there was not much sun.

helping to dry out the damp cellar.

If the cellar is cold, blowing warm air into it from the house is likely to increase condensation. Exterior cold air will ventilate it and help it dry out. A good number of airbricks or other vents will do this, and any breeze will create an airflow from one side of the house to the other.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back