Moving waste pipe closer to wall...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening All,

I’ve partly started this process, essentially I need to move the toilet waste pipe closer to the wall so I can fit my new toilet.

I’ve excavated around the pipe and plan to cut (multi tool with ceramic blade) the pipe and fit a suitable fitting which pushes the entry point closer to the wall, allowing my toilet to be fitted with ease.

Has anyone done this before, anything I’m missing? I’ve attached a couple of photos with where I’m up to.

53C345B6-B37A-494F-A306-328C20571437.jpeg
57866E9F-BEAB-4081-BE0B-ABB097DBD0BD.jpeg

Sponsored Links
sg1.JPG

How far back do you need to move it?, 2 x 45 degree bends joined together will give you a 4 inch offset and a 110mm drain adaptor
into the fireclay, easier with an angle grinder though.

sg.JPG

View attachment 177962

How far back do you need to move it?, 2 x 45 degree bends joined together will give you a 4 inch offset and a 110mm drain adaptor
into the fireclay, easier with an angle grinder though.

View attachment 177961

Great stuff Jim, thanks for that.

The reason for my post is that initially I was going to use one of those flexi pipes but don't feel that’s “proper” or ideal to be bedded in under ground. 2 of those beauties should do me nicely.

Thanks once again!

What about a botttom exit pan? Or using a swan neck pan connector?

Sponsored Links
You just want a BO pan.

What is the distance from the wall to the centre of the soil pipe?

He's done the excavation, so he may as well get the soil further back... Much more options for pans too, when it's standard outlet. :)

You could wiggle the top piece of clay out of the next collar, use the black internal connection above then mortar it in as well. That would be easier than cutting the clay to take a bandseal.

Hi, am about to start an almost identical peice of work, any tips/pics you can share ?
Thanks

Tal

Can I add my interest in this one? Seems to be a common problem so a few dimensions and photos of the progress would be extremely useful.

It won’t be long before I’ll be faced with the same job.

You may find an angle grinder with a stone cutting diamond/carbide blade will get through that much faster than a multi tool

I managed to get this done in the end, however, wouldn't suggest how I did it.

I broke the concrete down around the pipe and fortunately there was a join that allowed me to remove the top part of pipe and replace with a coupler. I placed the coupler in the pipe under the ground and then used a flexible toilet pan connector to suitably angle my new inlet and backfilled with cement.

I have attached photos for your reference but I would strongly suggest NOT to use a flexible pan connector as they're not the most rigid under the ground. Fortunately, our downstairs toilet is barely used and so far no sh1t has hit the fan!

12.PNG
11.PNG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back