Moving water pipes and chasing radiator pipes into a wall.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello folks,

This is my first post on this forum, please advise on few of my questions.

I need to move both pipes pointed on the photo closer to the wall so that they can be hidden behind fake wall. Second job is to chase radiator pipes into the wall for my towel warmer. I will have to cut two channels into brick as there is not enough space between plasterboard and the brick itself. Anyone could advise how much time both jobs should take for a plumber? I will make channels into the wall myself and everything seems to be easily accessible.

One more thing, when I was cutting chip board with my multi-tool I occidentally cut pipe slightly. I obviously did not know where the pipes are, in my opinion they should be a bit lower but ehhh, anyway pipe has a scratch that my finger nail will stop on it. Will this be ok? I know it can be repaired but does it need to be ?

Last question, I bought a toilet pan which requires a bit longer waste pipe that I already have. Is there any extension which I could buy to make this waste pipe longer? I don't want any flexible stuff, it needs to make good quality joint.

Thank you for your help.

Sponsored Links
I take it the 2 pipes are hot and cold to basin.?
Are they mains pressure or tank fed?
Shouldn't take long either way
For soil pipe you can buy an extension from local merchant or just put a socket on and a bit more pipe

Yes, pipes are hot and cold for basin, no tank in the house, water comes directly from the combi boiler. I asked about time how long should that take, so I can estimate cost for the plumber. Both pipes need to go roughly where the basin waste is so the only way it can go there is under the other pipes and up behind them.

Sponsored Links
About 2 hours max, if that! I'd probably allow half a day by time plumber has driven there, unloaded tools, played on their phone, stared out the window, had 4 cups of tea etc.

Personally I would repair the pipe you knicked, last this you want is a leak, but will probably be ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back