moving water supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
am new to this site, have tried to search for an answer without success.
I am thinking of doing a kitchen extension envolving moving my sink, therefore would also need to move my main water supply and stop cock.
Is it possible to make a connection onto the blue pipe and extend it, or is it not recomended to have a join under a concrete floor. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Your extension may mean the water pipe is too long so you can just cut and join. Retaining a duct for the pipe to enter the premises.
If its too short then join with a coupler and keep the pipe ducted back to your sink.

Perfectly possible, but you'd need to leave an access panel to get at the coupling, for maintenance.

Can you not leave the existing stopcock and run pipework to the new sink location?

Softus said:
Perfectly possible, but you'd need to leave an access panel to get at the coupling, for maintenance.

Can't you not leave the existing stopcock and run pipework to the new sink location?
Can't leave existing, as it comes up under current sink position and this wall will be removed leaving open floor space.
By access panel would need to install something like a small airtight manhole cover , or do i have any other options. Many thanx

Sponsored Links
Do you know from what direction the mains enters your property ?

Is this kitchen extension at the back of your home and the mains enters under the kitchen floor from the front of the property.?

Yes supply comes in from the front under the house and kitchen is at the rear, I know that it comes under the house as i built a garage on the side and did not come across the pipe in the footings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back