MP3 cd's

Don't you want to play cd in car which is wav file.

You just select burn audio. That coverts on the fly and CD Wii play in car. That's what I used to do

Sponsored Links
I was thinking about it last night.
Wav file still won't play without other files that list tracks and structure. These files get created along with wav files during the burn process.
I've never actually tried to play just a wav file on a CD stereo but I'm sure it won't play. Just adding to the thread. Been so many years since I've burnt CDs. Those winamp and Napster days

Sponsored Links
There is a significant difference between a data CD that contains eg 10 files in WAV format and an audio CD that contains 10 tracks. WAV can represent audio in many more formats than the fixed 16bit 44kHz PCM that CDs use for audio

CDA isn't a real file (if you can accept that a WAV file is), it's just a representation of a starting index for an audio track that programs on windows can use to instruct a CD drive to start playing audio at the right place.

Originally when a PC's CD drive played an audio CD it did not read the CD like it reads a data CD; the PC instructed the drive to play and the drive emitted analog audio. Nowadays it "rips" the audio cd and it is the PC that performs the analog conversion

Back