MQ 3-45 won't stop running

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

The saga of my Grundfos MQ 3-45 continues.

Having sorted how and where to put the non-return valve (see previous post) the pump now won't stop running, even when there's nothing pulling water.
The instructions say it will do this if there's no non-return valve or it's faulty or there's a leak in the pipework. Well, the valve is in place as per the G website video, it was brand new with the pump and the pipework's all been redone and is fine.

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers,

Brian

PS: The water feed is direct from a private borehole via 15mm pipework.

Sponsored Links
You know what installation you have but I dont. You should have continued the existing thread.

If you are trying to suck water out of a borehole with the pump at ground level that might not be possible.

15 mm tube seems very small for sucking much water.

Tony

Well excuse my ignorance. I thought my previous thread was done and dusted so I should start a new one.

I thought this site was for getting help, not for being criticised. If you don't like the way I post, don't reply, thanks all the same.

B.

Well excuse my ignorance. I thought my previous thread was done and dusted so I should start a new one.

I thought this site was for getting help, not for being criticised. If you don't like the way I post, don't reply, thanks all the same.

B.
That was probably not meant as a critism but continuing with an existing thread would mean all information is together rather than split between here and somewhere else unknown without searching.

Sponsored Links
Have you any water flowing at the taps via this new pump?

Water is flowing fine to the taps, toilets and water tanks in the loft when the pump is switched on. The pump just won't stop running/pumping, even when there's no demand.

It is a direct replacement for an old Grundfos Jetpaq pump which blew up and was plumbed in in exactly the same way - directly fed from the borehole via 15mm pipework.

Apologies for getting stroppy. That first reply just rubbed me up the wrong way.

B.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back