mr t.blair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the only people who has gained out of this dispicable situation is the press/media?we can not let the terrorists to win even if mr ken bigley will suffer :evil:
they will keep moving the goal posts,it is a no win situation.if the general public was'nt aware of the videos that are relesed on the web then the situation could be brought to a halt?if we arn't told that women hostages have been released in a secret deal then no one will be any the wiser & mr bigley MIGHT be freed.why could'nt they send a sealed video for his eyes only instead of letting the world think mr blair is responsible.the lowest of the low.
sometimes too much information is too much?
well thats what i think.grrrrrrrrrr

Sponsored Links
ohmygodwhathaveyoudone said:
the only people who has gained out of this dispicable situation is the press/media?we can not let the terrorists to win even if mr ken bigley will suffer :evil:
they will keep moving the goal posts,it is a no win situation.if the general public was'nt aware of the videos that are relesed on the web then the situation could be brought to a halt?if we arn't told that women hostages have been released in a secret deal then no one will be any the wiser & mr bigley MIGHT be freed.why could'nt they send a sealed video for his eyes only instead of letting the world think mr blair is responsible.the lowest of the low.
sometimes too much information is too much?
well thats what i think.grrrrrrrrrr
Although I can see your point think how you would feel if the hostage was from your family would you be so ready not to bargain with them?

Why don't we pull the army out, there's more killed now after the war ended, then perhaps they will leave us alone and let Ken Bigley free.

There is some insanity here.
Surely it is not, and has not been for an extended period, safe to be working as a civilian in Iraq ?
On the grounds that ...hopefully... one is not generally allowed to wander into a country within which we are to all intents and purposes conducting a war ..... Our leaders must shoulder the blame for being patently unable to protect civilian workers having invited them in ..... Or do they give a 4x ?

I guess if the sack of dosh is big enough then ...... common sense plays no part ... and waivers are signed with impunity?

The only safe time to go work in Iraq is when Georgie Porgy and the Prime Minature (don't think he'd like that one ) can cavort the streets dressed in their respective flags, to the resounding cheers of the grateful populace !!

P

Sponsored Links
kendor.that is exactly the point i'm trying to make.if it was my son i would move heaven & earth to get him released that is why the terrorists have directed it to mr blair.it is very cruel.if his is seen to give in to their babaric demands then they would have won. :evil:
not wanting to sound insensitive but there are CHILDREN suffering out there in our own country :evil:
just a matter of priorities & politics.
too much spin.

The civilians who have gone out to Iraq fall into two categories:

1) Those who are hoping to make a positive impact on the people of Iraq
2) Those who are in it for the big bucks.

Bigley appears to be in the first category. It is admirable that he has gone out there, risking his life because he wants to help. Admirable, but bl**dy stupid. I know they need schools, hopsitals etc, but until the situation is calmed that is no place for a non-Iraqi civilian.

I hope Bigley is released, as are all other hostages. However, he knew the risks when he went out there. If he is murdered, his family will suffer the most and the longest, not he. And he would have known this as well as the rest of us.

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office has long been advising strongly against travel to Iraq (amonst other places). Everyone knows that "We don't negotiate with terrorists".

It is a harsh thing to say, but we can't give in to one set of terrorists because that would encourage others.

kendor.that is exactly the point i'm trying to make.if it was my son i would move heaven & earth to get him released that is why the terrorists have directed it to mr blair.it is very cruel.if his is seen to give in to their babaric demands then they would have won. :evil:
not wanting to sound insensitive but there are CHILDREN suffering out there in our own country :evil:
just a matter of priorities & politics.
too much spin.
Sorry the "you" wasn't directed to you personally but as a generalisation
There are many out there that say don't give in to terrorists but they are not going through what mr bigley's family are and it is so easy to use that statement in such a throw away attitude.
In the end there is no simple solution.

It would be different if they had come over here (or were "sleepers"), broken into the Bigley homestead and held him hostage or kidnapped him. Because we should be safe in our own country.

The point is, no-one forced him to go to Iraq, and anyone with enough of a social conscience as he obviously has, will have enough intelligence to realise that it is a dangerous place and if he gets kidnapped, there won't be negotiation.

I have sympathy for the man and his family, but he went out there of his own accord.

if it was my son i would move heaven & earth to get him released that is why the terrorists have directed it to mr blair.it is very cruel.
It is a very difficult situation but it was Mr Blair that took us to this illegal war in the first place. This is why I think we should pull the army out to save more lives and Ken Bigley would be free. It was the USA that started this war and now it's messy.

george bush says" jump".mr blair says" how high".
america is our best ally,if i was at war i would be far more comfortable knowing that they will come to our aid?(unlike france)
bit political that really :eek:

what if the shoe was on the other foot?the british women are being held somewhere,would we chop 2 blokes head off?then video another and say if you don't release them we'll cut his off too?you've got to be a really sick puppy to do that & i don't think theres anyone on this forum that would not condemn what they have done.but we can't stoop to thier level.

what if the shoe was on the other foot?the british women are being held somewhere,would we chop 2 blokes head off?then video another and say if you don't release them we'll cut his off too?you've got to be a really sick puppy to do that & i don't think theres anyone on this forum that would not condemn what they have done.but we can't stoop to thier level.

Husbands would probably tell the bad guys they had to keep them, and only had themselves to blame for kidnapping them in the first place !! :evil: :evil:

apparently there has been hostages taken whose countries have not been involved whether politically or by sending troops. The 2 italian women aid workers were they killed a couple of days ago??

apparently there has been hostages taken whose countries have not been involved whether politically or by sending troops. The 2 italian women aid workers were they killed a couple of days ago??

Sponsored Links
Back