mr t.blair

As far as I know those two French journalists are still OK... probably being held as bargaining chips just in case France ever enters international politics... it could happen. :confused:

I am not sure about the Italian ladies. All I know about those two is that one was working with rebuilding education, the other was working with getting water supplies to the people. Both being very noble causes in my opinion. From my experience, Italians are a lot more political than a typical Brit. I was working in Italy at the beginning of the war (a few weeks before they joined) and was surprised just how polarised the people I met were on the matter. Seriously, whereas people in the UK were talking, people in Rome were SHOUTING about it. I was in a bar with two Italian guys, and despite being very good friends I swear they were 2 seconds away from beating seven bells out of each other.

Last I heard, the Muslim Council of Britain have sent delegates out to Iraq to negotiate with Mr Bigley's captors, and are handing out leaflets in the area. Let's hope their efforts work, because I really can't see those Iraqi women being released anytime soon.

The stupid thing about these hostage situations is, the ones I have read about seem to be they take hostages, then say "If the US doesn't do this, then we will kill them". More than half the time the hostages AREN'T US citizens.

Sponsored Links
I don't think it matter what country you come from, if you are helping the Iraqis people in Iraq, I'm sure this is upsetting the terrorists. These people who are helping Iraqis are either very brave or stupid.

According to the Italian Govt, the two Italians are OK, at least as of today.

........have directed it to mr blair.it is very cruel........

Serves him right, he didn't give a stuff for David Kelly. He didn't give a stuff for the united nations, he doesn't give a stuff!! it's all crocodile tears. Why was Iraq so important, why not all the other dictatorships in the world, Borneo for example.

america is our best ally,if i was at war i would be far more comfortable knowing that they will come to our aid?(

They help if the price is right, don't count on them, they're on the way out. Do you want an ally with such high morals that they allow people to buy automatic weapons on the street. What are these weapons for? squirrel control?

Sponsored Links
masona said:
I don't think it matter what country you come from, if you are helping the Iraqis people in Iraq, I'm sure this is upsetting the terrorists. These people who are helping Iraqis are either very brave or stupid.

The terrorists don't care. They call them insurgents. They have come in from another country to use Iraq situation to further their own cause and not to help the Iraqi people. We went there and the aid agencies afterwards to get rid of Saddam and then to help rebuild the country. The death toll has started to rise after the so called 'end' due to these animals turning up and starting their own little private wars

A theory bandied around the other day on a programme was that the troublemakers were being supplied with explosives for car bombs from the officials of the now defunct iraqi army, whether this is allied propaganda or not i'm not sure but it does suggest that the former leaders are not happy with having a democracy installed.

oilman said:
Why was Iraq so important, why not all the other dictatorships in the world, Borneo for example.
Okay jasy, I'm listening to everybody view whether I agree or not but what your opinion on above quote ?

......whether this is allied propaganda or not i'm not sure......

That's the most certain thing, uncertainty. Even in the UK, the conclusions of official enquiries are twisted by the establishment just as they are by others, then it's broadcast as fact.

masona said:
oilman said:
Why was Iraq so important, why not all the other dictatorships in the world, Borneo for example.
Okay jasy, I'm listening to everybody view whether I agree or not but what your opinion on above quote ?

Well i do not know alot about this one mate. I am sure that there is people in the world above our pay bracket involved in goings on to sort it out. It usually starts off that the outside world only gets involved if a country (dictatorship) invades another country and/or commits massive atrocities against its own citizens.

Well, you realise the longterm way out of this whole situation is *shudder* a United States of Europe :confused: . Think about it, at the moment we have about 400 million people in the EU, with another 100 million or so wanting to join. If we were one nation state we could quite easily have the most powerful economy and armed forces, especially when the oil has run out.

Thing is though, we are 100-200 years off that really being a viable option. Those of us in the better-off parts of the EU aren't ready to give up sovereignty to a union. However, from conversations I have had with Eastern types, even Greeks, they would love for that to happen ASAP.

And then there is the other fact: the USA was a great idea in 1776, forged by some great men. 228 years later it's original ideas and principles are as relevant as ever. Unfortunately the USA itself has lost it's way and is not what it is meant to be. It is now more corrupt, more segregated, more persecutive of religion, more class-based, more autocratic than the country it separated from.

Mate, everywhere is corrupt. There is NO way i want to see a united europe in my lifetime. The greeks etc want it because it would raise their standard of living. We don't because ours would drop. We are already strangers in our own country (thanks Mr Blair). I might apply for assylum (the mortgage might get paid :LOL: :LOL: )

ohmygodwhathaveyoudone said:
george bush says" jump".mr blair says" how high".
america is our best ally,if i was at war i would be far more comfortable knowing that they will come to our aid?(unlike france)
bit political that really :eek:

I'm not too sure they are OMG, at least not any more. They ( G Dubya + co) have their own agenda. They will only help if it suits their purpose.

As to civilians going out to Iraq, I applaud those who only wish to help but, they must know the score re what happens if they get kidnapped. They must realise there will be NO negotiation with their captors. How could they expect there to be? If we negotiate and get one person freed then the next time the terrorists will take ten people, then a hundred.
I have the greatest sympathy for the families and don't blame them for trying every possible option but even they must see that we cannot bargain with these people.
What we should do however is not rest until those people responsible are brought to account.

Humanitarian aid workers .. I too salute them.

But I am not thrown by the philanthropy 'spin' concerning other workers .. they work, mostly, in dangerous areas because the pay is greater and taxation less.
I have serious misgivings about the people being given airtime on the media ... subtly placing a spin on situations to obtain extra public support .. smacks of planned response, in an emotional situation .. feels like the brushing the edges of manipulation.

I have known several guys from aerospace who have worked int the Mid East .... reason one --- money, reason 2 --- money !! Their thoughts on the countries ? Glad to return to UK !!

I suppose you take your chance on collecting your dosh !!

P

securespark said:
oilman said:

Or Burma/ Myanmar?

So concerned with human rights violation is our Dubya that he is, at this very moment, formulating plans to go into China. Or do I mean North Korea err maybe it was Libya? I dunno, so much charitable work on Dubya's schedule I get confused. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Back