MSN/HOTMAIL PROBLEM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It would seem that a lot of people in my contacts on my MSN/Hotmail account are getting really strange messages, supposedly from me.

I've not been sending any messages to anybody! Though I've noticed the last couple of days, I keep getting mail delivery failure notes even though I know that I've not sent any messages to fail on delivery (I've not opened these messages, by the way).

Anybody got any ideas what's going on? It can't be anything to do with my computer cos I'm completely anal about firewalls, anti-virus, anti-spyware, etc. Is the problem with somebody/thing accessing my hotmail account and if so, what do I do about it?

I've e-mailed everybody in my contacts to advise them not to open anything from me on that account for now.

Sponsored Links
Quite common , sounds like you account details have been hacked. I saw one last week that was sending out meds and DVD offers. All you need to do is change your password ASAP. And make sure its a strong one. Also don't get IE to save the password, type it in each time you log in.

Thanks. Already changed my password though it said it wasn't a strong one - even though it's just random letters :confused: I use Firefox and go into my hotmail through that, though obviously MSN is run by IE. Still not save my password in Firefox though?

Sponsored Links
OK. I have to admit that I'm terrible for using the same password for almost everything. I've never had a problem before - but there's a first time for everything.

Better go and change my passwords on everything and write them down!!! And use different ones.........................

Allison, you might be interested to have a look at this free tool. I have not used it as I tend to use different passwords for different applcations, but you might find it useful. ;)

Oh that could be handy. With the amount of passwords to try and remember, I need some way to remember them all - hence tending to use the same one! But I'm reformed - I will use different ones.

Back