multi fuel stove regs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've pulled out a gas fire to install a multi fuel stove.

I need a rear exit flue on the stove, can I go straight off the back of the stove with a T piece? Or is it subject to a maximum of a 45* bend? is that part of the regs or just the manufacturer guidlines?

could I get round the problem it by having a top exit, with 2 45 bends in one going rearward and then up with the next?

thanks

Sponsored Links
With a solid fuel stove if you come out the back you need a tee piece with a debris collection space and cleaning access.
The flue pipe out the back is only allowed to travel horizontally for 150mm.

thanks, that clears that up for me!!

Another thing I wondered is how to fit the register board, do you fit the board in place, then fit the flue, or put the stove in then fit the plate around the flue?

you fit the plate first then drag the flue up the chimney through the plate. a bit fiddly but the best way of making sure the height of the flu is right

Sponsored Links
I was reading something that said the flue had to be 6" to comply with BS std.

The Stove im looking at has a 5" flue/pipe connector.

If i fit the plate first and pull a 6" flue thru the hole, then push back up the pipe ill have an inch gap between the plate and the pipe.

How do you get round that?

A 6” to 5” reducer perhaps. See also here;

http://www.stovesonline.co.uk/lining_a_chimney.html

Fitting a stove is subject to several Building Regulations & is notifyable building work unless you use a HETAS registered installer. It must have a compliance certificate issued either by a HETAS installer or your LABC. You will be asked to produce a certificate when you come to sell & not having one may invalidate your house insurance in the event of a problem.

Pull the flue liner down the chimney rather than trying to drag it up; much easier ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back