Multi fuel stove

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning,

I am currently in the process of ordering a multi fuel stove to fit in my house.

It is a fairly modern building that doesn't have a chimney so I am having the flue run up inside my property straight out of the roof above.

What I want to know is if i need to put anything on the wall (tiles etc) behind the flue to stop the paint peeling or plaster cracking? Considering the gap between the wall and flue I am not sure if i need to bother with anything.

Sponsored Links
You don't need to fit anything to the walls, however what you do need to do is purchase a twin-wall flue that is insulated between the walls and therefore cool on the outside

The flue is a controlled service, so building control will want to know what you are going to do, before you do it, and then inspect afterwards. Solid fuel is serious stuff, and your insurance will possibly be invalid if you don't comply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back