Multi-wall poly carb conservatory roof with condensation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've got condensation in 3 of the 4 roof panels in our roof. Interestingly the 3 with the condensation in are installed correctly with the breather tape at the bottom, the one that is free of condensation has the breather tape at the top. I obviously want rid of the condensation, but don't want to have to take the panels out and try swapping round as they are all siliconed in and we'd never get them clean again. Any one any suggestions? It is a simple lean-to construction.

Sponsored Links
You need to remove the silver tape at the sealed end, then make sure there isn't any dust at the sealed end and get one of those thin vacuum nozzles, tape it up so it leaves a small square and then remove the breather tape at the bottom and suck each chamber with the vac. It does take a while and it's best to do it on a warm day. Once you're done, fit some breather tape back on. All poly now comes with breather tape top and bottom, they don't use silver tape the one end anymore.

Thanks. I feared it might have to be something like that. Its a big job to change the foil for breather tape as the top is right under the soffits, the whole panel will have to come out which will disturb the silicone on the inside of the conservatory. I think I may have to just put up with it!

Thanks. I feared it might have to be something like that. Its a big job to change the foil for breather tape as the top is right under the soffits, the whole panel will have to come out which will disturb the silicone on the inside of the conservatory. I think I may have to just put up with it!

Ok worse case scenario you could reach under the soffits with a drill to drill a vent hole then do the vacuum then pop some clear silicone in after. It might not work though so do a test first.

Sponsored Links
Yeah I thought about opening the sheet some how, but I'm a little scared about risking it. I wondered about taken the breather tape off the bottom on a nice dry day and trying to warm the top surface of the sheet with a hair dryer in the hope it will evaporate away. Then re-apply the breather tape.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back