Multicore cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Those of us in the boiler installation business have been troubled by wiring regs not allowing 5 and 6 core flexibles to be used for permanent wiring. Sure, you can use flat PVC/PVC cables but the boiler/pump etc manufacturers expect heat resistant flex to be used, meaning a plethora of unnecessary junction boxes for the transition from one wiring material to another.

I have seen a number of older installations - particularly Servowarm - where a solid 5 or 6 way 1.0mm multicore has been used.

I haven't found anyone selling this, are any of the pros aware of a supplier?

Sponsored Links
Might be worth asking on the sparky bit of the forum.

simon,general rule used to be no more than 2 metres for flex,however if its protected theres no reason for it not to be perm.

havent seen any 5/6 core in flat pvc in a long time.used to be 2 lots of 3 and e.

Sponsored Links
Iv never seen that type of cable.

I used to use 3 and e and take this into a spur beside the boiler, with a 4 or 5 core flex out through the outlet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back