Muscially Challenged Unvented System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've not been able to find anything similar so hope someone is able to advise.

12 months ago I had my open vented heating system converted into a unvented system due to a loft installation.

Recently I noticed that the boiler was making interesting noises...

It's summer now, so the system is only heating water in the cyclinder.

The boiler will come on as per timer, as water is heated up, it begins to hiss / sizzle / whistle - this will continue increasing in pitch until it is constant. The boiler then switches off (whistle continues in decreasing pitch) - a couple of minutes later, the boiler switches on again and the music repeats itself.

Is this kettling / build up of limescale in the H/Exchanger?

I'm not sure whether the plumber had descaled or added any inhibitor to the system when he did the conversion. I do know that the system was emptied several times. Should this be done?

How do I get descaler / inhimbitor into an unvented system?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
what reading have you on the pressure gauge,also what boiler did they convert to sealed system to. just hope it has hi limit stat.

Thanks ...

I am running the system between 1.5 and 2 bar. The boiler is a Glow Worm Micron 50FF. The manual says that it can be installed used for both open vented and sealed systems.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back