Heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I am in the process of a complete refurb on a Bungalow I own and have a question regarding the heating system.

I had the boiler installed about 5 months ago and at the time I had only fitted 2 radiators and a towel radiator in one of the en-suites.

The boiler has been working fine, but has now started to make a high pitched whistling noise when turning it up to just about max.

During the last 5 months I have drained the system a few times and added another 5 radiators and still have 3 radiator and 3 towel radiators to fit.

I'm almost positive that no additives have been added to the system from the beginning and would like to know what I should do.

4 of the 6 radiators will be fitted within the next few weeks and the remaining 2 will be fitted a couple of months later.

Should I put in an inhibitor now or wait until all rads are fitted or should I put a 3 in 1 cleanser/descaler and inhibitor.

The other question I have is, is it OK to leave the boiler running constantly.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi onlyfitidealboilers.

Its a Biasi 32kw. A friend recommended it to me and there were some good reviews on the screwfix site.

I have spent today slowly increasing the temperature gauge on the boiler and it stopped making the whistling sound.

I was initially living in a rented house while work was being done on the Bungalow, but it kept getting broken into and so I decided to move back in.

I am living in the back half of the property and completing work as and when I have time. This is the reason why the heating system hasn't all been done in one go.

The property is pretty cold as it is not yet fully insulated/sealed and this is why I'm asking about leaving the boiler on constantly.

I won't need to have it on max constantly, but I would think it would need to be max for about 10/12 hours per day. Would this be OK.

The other thing is, is it OK to keep turning the temperature up and down using the dial on the boiler, as opposed to a thermostat.

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back