Mushroom invasion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Two year old children are taught not to eat plants outdoors. Mushrooms and toadstools are far from the only poisonous plants they'll come across in your, your neighbours', their friends', the school gounds, the public park, in fact anywhere with green stuff your child might happen to be.

Anyway, well done! You've exhausted pretty much all the internet memes apart from a Godwin in this one short thread. We've had the appeal to authority (I'm qualified!), abuse (many instances) and now won't someone think of the poor children?

I'm done here. All that time ago, all the OP asked was what causes the mushrooms to grow. Amidst all the heat and light, I seem to have been the only person that actually answered the question so my work here is done.

Rage on!

Sponsored Links
just saying that it is silly to accept something into your life that serves no benefit, creates a mess and is potentially a threat to human life..and you are comparing considered ornamental planting with unwanted random growths...so, yes, well i'll leave you to enjoy your mushrooms and hope that your children are so overly regimented that their training will keep them from experimenting with random things they find laying around the garden. unlike any other child known to mankind, but there you go. yours will be the remarkable exception that will lead us all...to the accident and emergency.

obviously you know that pigeon poo is completely good for soil right? so when you see a healthy dollop splattered on the lawn in an area that a young oxford edumakated, army trained, mk ultra brain washed expert 2 year old child plays would you not let common sense prevail and try avoid that risk of some pathogen making your child ill or do you just sit back with complete confidence that your responsible wage earning 2 year old professor will never accidently wipe some from their clothes and then into their eye..? just leave it all there on the lawn for the discovery right?

i think they just create a mess underfoot, they are just another thing to clear up in the garden and i would rather not have another thing to worry about when letting the kids have some freedom.

it is at least good that you are happy to make yourself content.

good luck with your quest ceres defender of rogue mushrooms everywhere!!

excelsior!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back