Mushrooms and other weeds!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently moved into a new house. The whole site used to be a farmers field and now they built several hundred houses on it! I had a turf layed 4 months ago and all seemed well until last week when i noticed several randomly placed mushrooms appeared! And several other thorny weeds have appeared. Whats the best way to remove both? I cut the grass quite frequently, about once a week.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
If you keep mowing it most weeds (except small, flat-growing lawn weeds) cannot survive.

The lawn weeds you can treat next with with a lawn weedkiller (best not to use chemicals on a new lawn). If you feel impelled to use a weedkiller, there is a product called SBK which kills brushwood but not grass. It will kill or deform anything else it touches, including overspray. Even the fumes will deform tomatoes and other fruit during their development.

the "mushrooms" may be from something decomposing under the turf.

Put up a pic.

If there are the remains of a dead tree rotting away it will take some years and you might have honey fungus which will kill nearby trees.

If you put up some pice someone may identify it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back