My attempt at Dynamatting.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok.. After buying a new battery yesterday I ordered from Amazon a pack of Dynamat extreme (£147) and chose 3 day super-saver delivery (free) with the plan to install it next weekend.

It came today @ 13:00

Gobsmacked

So after din dins I figured I'd have a crack at installing it.
I've already installed a Pioneer double din head unit and Alpine speakers all round (component fronts, coaxial rears) was was quite disappointed with the speakers mainly because of the buzzes and 8th Gen Civics generate quite a lot of "road noise".

Now it should be noted that I was rather sceptical about this stuff but I really wanted to at least cut out the "buzzes".

OMG.. You all gotta buy this stuff. I only did the drivers door before calling it quits for the day but booger ... You can feel the pressure wave hit your leg and make yer leg hairs rattle !!

Box weighed a tonne (felt like it anyway)
3cop.jpg

omlg.jpg

Nine sheets to the wind !!
9qy4.jpg

d2pf.jpg

j3la.jpg

0ry1.jpg

I also added a layer where the OEM plastic sheet was but like a muppet I forgot to take a pic of that.

Trimmed back a tad of the inside of the speaker door card and reinstalled everything.

Oh... If anyone knows the name and location of the assembly line dood that puts that black sticky gunge on the inside of the plastic "weatherproofing" I've got a severe nut-kicking lined up for him !!

Damn stuff gets everywhere. I've used up most of my bottle of white spirit and rags cleaning that shyte off !!

Sponsored Links
Rear (Left) door

8pca.jpg

Ok.. After doing all the doors I had the equivalent of about 1 sheet left, in bits !!

Following the excellent "How-To" HERE I decided to rip the boot out and stick the leftovers on the wheel arches etc as "anti-resonance" kind of pads.

3vdp.jpg

Getting tight on the left-overs after doing both wheel arches !!

wdy7.jpg

With the dregs I shoved my hand as far up the inside of the outside skin (both sides)

dk5r.jpg

And finally... Putting it all back together, you find the broken bits and hot glue repair them.

pgpe.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back