My car radio display doesn't work. Please help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a Vauxhall Agila 56 Reg car a year ago and ever since I bought it the radio display hasn't been working. I can see the date, time and temperature on the display but when the radio is switched on the radio channel doesn't show on the display. The radio can be switched on with the engine on or off. Could anyone help me with this please?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Is it of the type that is normally installed in these cars? Perhaps you can check it against another one, only if its been replaces with an aftermarket one it probably doesn't have the nesessary adaptors to connect it to the display. Does it have steering wheel remote controls, is so do they work?

Peter

Sponsored Links
Is it of the type that is normally installed in these cars? Perhaps you can check it against another one, only if its been replaces with an aftermarket one it probably doesn't have the nesessary adaptors to connect it to the display. Does it have steering wheel remote controls, is so do they work?

Peter

Unfortunately I don't have a similar car to compare this to. There are no steering wheel remote controls. Is it possible that it is a fuse problem?

I think it unlikely, I would say its either the wrong radio or possible there is a connection fault in the plugs at the back. Next time you are in a car park just peer into another car like yours and see if the radio looks the same.

Peter

I think it unlikely, I would say its either the wrong radio or possible there is a connection fault in the plugs at the back. Next time you are in a car park just peer into another car like yours and see if the radio looks the same.

Peter

Thanks Peter. I just had a look into a car identical to mine and the radio looked identical to my one so it seems to be the original radio. So is it just the case that the connection between the radio and the display is lost? Is this an easy problem to fix?

Thanks

I can't be certain that is the problem but it would be the first place to start. Take the radio out, there are usually two small holes either side of the radio, bend a couple of lengths of wire coat hanger into a 'U' shape and push them into the holes, you should then be able to pull the radio out, check all the plug/socket connections, if they are OK it could be a fault on the display or the radio, either would probably be expensive to fix.

Peter

Sponsored Links
Back