My kitchen nightmare! Need help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My kitchen is horrible, impractical & about ready to collapse!!!

As an absolutely last resort I have entered it into a competition to win a brand new kitchen. Please have a look at photos of my kitchen disaster on the link below & if you agree that its pretty nasty, then please put in a vote for how much "my kitchen sucks". Every vote counts. Thankyou so much.

http://www.mykitchensucks.com.au/link/1933/80/Meghan's+Kitchen+sucks

My kitchen is literally falling apart!!! From the flickering fluoro, to the warped water damaged benches and powder blue 1960’s cupboard doors and draws no longer close. The cramped & cracked beige tiled bench-tops are way too narrow and quickly fill up with appliances and dishes. To add to the list the range-hood isn’t even connected to the flue at the top & instead deposits brown oily residue all over the ceiling and walls.

The space has been made even more impractical following the collapse of the main food preparation bench several months ago; it held on for as long as it could sagging at an odd angle, with the swollen timber and loose tiles squeaking and groaning under the pressure of a chopping board and swiftly dumping anything round that could roll onto the floor. I go to bed each night dreaming of a clean, functional contemporary kitchen.

Sponsored Links
As the No 1 has over 25000 votes I think you're on a hiding to nothing! And look at the oven top, Dirty Girl!

I think some general maintenance work and tidying your kitchen would help, and if you really want a new kitchen that badly, you could always buy one like the rest of us do? Heck, if you're short on money then you could always keep an eye out for ex-demo clearance or even look for someone who's ripping out an existing kitchen and offer to do it for them, non-destructively of course.

Nontheless, I've given you a vote, as there are a couple in the competition ahead of you who's kitchens seem to be in significantly better condition than yours.

Sponsored Links
My kitchen is horrible, impractical & about ready to collapse!!!

As an absolutely last resort I have entered it into a competition to win a brand new kitchen. Please have a look at photos of my kitchen disaster on the link below & if you agree that its pretty nasty, then please put in a vote for how much "my kitchen sucks". Every vote counts. Thankyou so much.

http://www.mykitchensucks.com.au/link/1933/80/Meghan's+Kitchen+sucks

My kitchen is literally falling apart!!! From the flickering fluoro, to the warped water damaged benches and powder blue 1960’s cupboard doors and draws no longer close. The cramped & cracked beige tiled bench-tops are way too narrow and quickly fill up with appliances and dishes. To add to the list the range-hood isn’t even connected to the flue at the top & instead deposits brown oily residue all over the ceiling and walls.

The space has been made even more impractical following the collapse of the main food preparation bench several months ago; it held on for as long as it could sagging at an odd angle, with the swollen timber and loose tiles squeaking and groaning under the pressure of a chopping board and swiftly dumping anything round that could roll onto the floor. I go to bed each night dreaming of a clean, functional contemporary kitchen.

Apart from the fact that when a new kitchen goes back in, your space will be even more restricted as the new cabinets cannot be ripped back more than 50mm (sink, appliance etc) :!: I think the kitchen you have should be in a salvage yard or musuem, don't throw it, someone will pay good money for a fifties kitchen!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back