My new bath smells.BAD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have recently redone the bathroom including a brand new bath, upon delivery and opening there was a very, very strong GRP/resin smell and i thought it might dissapate once all fitted etc, however 3 weeks down the line the smell is still present and when i am actually in the bath it is so overpowering in terms of the almost solvent type smell i have to get out as it gives me a headache!

any ideas or experience of anything similar before i phone the company up?

Sponsored Links
I'd leave your bathroom extractor running for a week or so to help draw the smell away. You have got one, haven't you?

not yet, getting my mate to fit one because we have been using the one that came with the house.........the window lol but of course its bloody freezing now so will be fitting a vent/fan.

is it normal that it should smell so strong?

Sponsored Links
I don't know, I can't smell yours. But hot new plastic is liable to smell. An extractor fan will remove smells and also the condensation that causes mould and mildew in bathrooms that have their windows closed.

The sooner you get your extractor running, the better

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back