1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

My public liability insurance ok for working through a managment company?

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by newhandyman, 15 Apr 2017.

1. newhandyman

newhandyman

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Going for a handyman job - pressure washing , painting etc and the management company want to see my public liability insurance. On it it says painting (domestic) . Is the domestic a problem?

It lists carpentry, window cleaning and gardening and painting decorating (domestic)

Also has low % for painting of overall work as most my work is window cleaning.

Been using Academy Insurance. Anyone know anything about them?

2. You really need to have a chat with Academy, and see what they'll cover you for. If they're being a stickler, then they may not cover you for the additional work. If you have to make a claim, then you don't want them refusing the claim, and the management comapny then comes after you personally.

3. Sponsored Links
  4. purpleroad

purpleroad

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Worried if the management company which looks after this flat sees the (domestic ) bit they may not take me on. Are flats domestic or commercial?

5. They'll be domestic. Wait and see what the company says, and then enquire on the cost of upgrading your insurance if you think it's worth it.

6. Sponsored Links