My Wacky Shack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im 7 years into repairing the wrongs of the previous owners... When i bought the house i wanted it so i could "make it my own" etc, little did i realise just HOW much "making it my own" i would have to do!

Ive had to remove the wall of mirrored wardrobes (for sanity) to reveal huge hammer head shaped chunks missing out of the plaster but with no visible nail/screw entry point.

Torn dow a partition wall that they had built in to split one bedroon into 2... that you could Just fit a bed into.

extended out the bathroom door so that it did not bash into the toilet bowl each time the door was opened.

putting a proper framework into the archway (uneven and very wonky) they had knocked through from living room to diningroom... that they subsequently put a door back onto filling the top space up with plywood stuffed with newspaper.

refited the television ariel that they had fitted bu removing 2 slate tiles from the roof to dangle the cable through, they then drilled a hole through the bedroom ceiling, dropped the cable through, drilled a hole through the bedroom floor, another hole through the living room ceiling, then trailed the cable to the opposite side of the living room to a junction box. plugged the cable in, got another cable, plugged it in, then trailed that cable back up the wall. up the stairs and into the bedroom that they had already drilled holes in!!!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back