my washing machine wont spin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI

I hav an integrated APM 8522 washing machine and it washes fine it just wont spin, i have looked for the brushes but cant find them. Can anyone help me?

:confused:

Sponsored Links
This will be a Hygena appliance and I don't have any information on these so can only make general comments. On most machines you need to get the appliance out, remove the back and the motor will be found fixed to the underside of the outer drum. It is usually easier to remove the motor when checking the brushes, which are often inside plastic holders, one each side of the motor with a single wire to each holder. To check them you need to remove them from the motor and see how much carbon protrudes from the holder. Generally when fully worn there will be approx 6mm of carbon protruding. If the drum is turning on wash but not on spin, it might be a filter/pump problem rather than brushes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back