Beko washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello, i hav beko washing machine, when machine start spinning, trip the electrics in my house.

Sponsored Links
Hi qazafi,

2 things come to mind with tripping problem.
a) Spin Motor is faulty have appliance PAt tested by a PAT qualified electrician.
b) You have a faulty RCD unit tripping off before reaching 30mA this causes nuisance tripping when ever a high loading like a spin cycle starts on a washing machine, again get this tested by a Part P qualified electrician who can test the RCD electrically, the test buttton only tests it mechanically.

Hope this is useful

Hi qazafi,

2 things come to mind with tripping problem.
A 3rd one which comes to my mind is a leaky hose spraying water onto something - a possibility the OP can investigate before getting people in to look at it.

b) You have a faulty RCD unit tripping off before reaching 30mA this causes nuisance tripping when ever a high loading like a spin cycle starts on a washing machine, again get this tested by a Part P qualified electrician who can test the RCD electrically,
An overly sensitive RCD would manifest itself in all sorts of ways, not just on one cycle of one appliance - the OP would have noticed this.

the test buttton only tests it mechanically.
What does that mean?

I do not believe that this question would have been posted if it was obvious that water was pouring out of the bottom of the machine.

RCD problems need to be identified with a proper RCD tester which only an electrician who has paased City & Guilds Testing and Inpection would carry or understand how to use.

An RCD simply is like See Saw measuring the electrons coming in and leaving the circuit, if an imbalance occurs then the RCD trips if the electron flow rate difference is more then 30mA (milli Amps). The RCD requires to trip within 40 mSecs.

How is that measured by eye alone?

As I said before the trip button only tests the mechanical side of the trip not the electrical side (eg the springs and levers of the actuator mechanism.)

Without a proper tester the only other way of testing is to plug yourself to the circuit and measure and see if you survive the shock, if you do then it is working ok if it is not you are dead and passed caring.

Sponsored Links
I do not believe that this question would have been posted if it was obvious that water was pouring out of the bottom of the machine.
It doesn't have to be a major leak - it could be a very small split allowing a tiny spray if water onto something and then shutting off.

And I'm not suggesting it as the likely cause, only a possibility which the OP could investigate at zero cost before calling a service engineer in.

RCD problems need to be identified with a proper RCD tester
Yes - if there's reason to believe that the RCD is faulty, which right now there isn't.

which only an electrician who has paased City & Guilds Testing and Inpection would carry or understand how to use.
Wrong.

An RCD simply is like See Saw measuring the electrons coming in and leaving the circuit, if an imbalance occurs then the RCD trips if the electron flow rate difference is more then 30mA (milli Amps).
Thanks, but I know how RCDs work.¹

And BTW - electron flow rates are not measured in mA, and their drift velocity is around a few mm/s

The RCD requires to trip within 40 mSecs.
At what I∆n?

As I said before the trip button only tests the mechanical side of the trip not the electrical side (eg the springs and levers of the actuator mechanism.)
¹ Also (unlike you) I know what the test button on an RCD does, and it doesn't just release the spring.

Without a proper tester the only other way of testing is to plug yourself to the circuit and measure and see if you survive the shock, if you do then it is working ok if it is not you are dead and passed caring.
You tw*t.

Sounds like someone who has just passed the RCD part of the course, but not fully understood it.

If this happens when the motor starts to spin the first place I would look for a customer is the motor and more specifically the motor brushes.

If they have worn down too far they can cause these symptoms

Leccy's brush issue theory sounds like a very possible culprit. Badly worn brushes also generate significant amounts of carbon dust, which invariably deposits itself in the motor & brush assembly. Alternatively (as ban-all-sheds mentions) a slight leak in the wrong place could have the same effect.
Kris710...you are out of line. There isn't an arguments section on this forum, perhaps you could google one...& join it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back