My Worcester Bosch is alright, but...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was chatting with a chum who is having an extension built by real builders :) He is really pleased with the way things are progressing. His 20 year old Worcester Bosch Greenstar is due for replacement as part of the project and he asked me about my boiler, also a Worcester Bosch, which has been faultless (it's a 24i). He would have simply asked them to replace his old one with an equivalent up-to-date model from the same company but has heard a number of comments about the current range of their boilers being much more cheaply made. Some of the comments have been to the effect that fitters who would have chosen a WB boiler in the past, no longer feel they can recommend them - does that chime with readers of this forum?

Sponsored Links
There are very few pro's on here who would recommend a Woofter...probably less than you can count on one hand. Definitely worth a look elsewhere

I am one of those 'very few Pros' on here (that is amusing) that thinks WB make good boilers.

Most people that have got one would buy another, and someone is fitting the 350,000 they sell in the UK every year.

And all those Which? subscribers giving their feedback must be worth something....... Which? no longer test boilers, they go on subscriber feedback.

There is without doubt an awful lot of experience being posted here - much of it during the day when most busy trades would be working......

Sponsored Links
Also, not sure WB were making Greenstars in 1996?

Or delegating, or stuck in traffic.

posted here - much of it during the day when most busy trades would be working......

20160201_162620.jpg

Oldest Greenstar produced mid 2001, so will not be more than 14 years old.

I have a basic Greenstar 24i about six years old waiting for me to replace a leaking left hand plastic part!

Seems that's quite a common fault.

WB are good boilers. Most engineers on the internet who complain about them is because they can be a pain to work on due to poor position of some parts. From a customers/ home owners point of view who cares about that. There biggest plus is they have the best customer service of all manufacturers.

If you search the web all makes and models will have bad reviews. The main thing is it's installed well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back