Myson Aerjec II Installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My system is fitted with a Myson Aerjec II de-aerator and I am concerned that it has not been installed correctly.

It looks like this:

To loft
|
__|________
| |
| |
| |________ To Pump
| |
| |
|__________|
| |
| |
Boiler? Not used

I have looked at the diagrams in the Aerjec Installation Instructions on the Circulating Pumps website and they are nothing like this.

Does it need putting right or am I worrying unnecessarily?

[/img]

Sponsored Links
or let me have a look if you`re in E. Sussex ;)

Sponsored Links
If a system gets aerated, the design is usually crepe.

Adding an 'air extractor' to propel more air up the vent pipe (which is essentially what these things do) usually adds little value. And eventually they block up, due to corrosion caused by the air!

Better to design (or re-design) the system properly!

Here is a photo of the Aerjec Installation

detail

NB I want to know if it has been installed properly. If not what effect will it have as currently installed

Woops!

Still can't get the hang of how to insert a photo!!

Looks wrong, from this end of Sussex :cry: how many incorrect permutations can there be :rolleyes: I`ve seen a few but that ones new.

Nige F said:
Looks wrong, from this end of Sussex :cry: how many incorrect permutations can there be :rolleyes: I`ve seen a few but that ones new.

Thanks for confirming what I thought.

Any idea how the current installation will affect the system?

Will I get a lot of air being sucked in or will it do absolutely nothing?

Does it need putting right?

It wants putting right , then I can say there are thousands- less 1- lash up systems :rolleyes: sorry but it`s true and it`s so bloody simple to do it right in the first place. orientate it correctly , powerflush and refill with an inhibitor ........I`d leave it until next spring when the heating season`s over .....then put your postcode in" Find an expert in your area" on this website , and I might pop up ;) Croydoncorgi has got it right re. sludge etc.

The other day I was up in the loft (getting Xmas decs down - already!!) so I decided to take a look at the tanks. Two, as expected; large cold water and small F/E for the central heating.

The large tank has a vent pipe coming up from the top of the HW cylinder - as expected. BUT there was no vent pipe on the F/E tank, only a feed out of the bottom. Presumably the system has a combined Feed and expansion pipe.

The arrangement in the airing cupboard below is as shown in this photo:

90zhjs.jpg

If this looks familiar, it's because I posted a question about the Aerjec Installation. I know want to know about the Flexvalve. I read up about it on the net and can see what it's for. But why is it after the 3-port valve and how does it work with the airjec and a combined F/E pipe.

I am getting strange noises coming from the radiators and pipes like a tin of nails being shaken. It only lasts for a few seconds and only occurs now and then. I thought it could be kettling, but there is no noise from the boiler. Could it be air in the system due to the unconventional(!!) layout?

the flexvalve is just an auto air vent .........you should have a separate cold feed and vent to the airjec .........It would if I`d done it and threre wouldn`t be any extraneous noises like you describe :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back